I can't begin to tell you how honored I am that you are trusting me to help you bring home your newest family member! Here is the process:
1. Before you apply, please read through the information below, as well as our "FAQ's and "Why Poppins Puppies" page. There is also a lot of information on our Instagram page @poppins_puppies where our daily videos will give you a feel of our program and how we choose to raise our puppies.
2. Fill out an application on our website. This asks for information about you, and also gives you an opportunity to tell us what you are looking for in a puppy.
3. Once you have submitted an application, I will email you back within 24-48 hours. If your application is approved, I will ask you to send me a signed copy of our Purchase Agreement, and I will give you Venmo information for making a deposit. Your initial deposit of $500 reserves a spot on our waitlist, and is not refundable. This $500 deposit will go toward the total purchase price of a puppy. (All puppies are $4000, regardless of gender or color). Our current waitlist is 8-12 months. Not everyone on the waitlist is looking for the same thing. Genders, colors, sizes will vary. Your wait may be longer or shorter, depending on how specific you are about gender and coloring.
4. When a litter is born that matches your preferences and your name is at the top of the waiting list, I will contact you in order of deposit. For example, if there are two red females born in a litter, I will contact the first person on the list wanting a red female. This person will get first pick out of the two red females. The next person on the list wanting a red female will get second pick out of the two red females.
5. At this point, when a litter is born that you choose to join, you will pay an additional $500 toward the purchase price of your puppy. This commits you to this specific litter, and bringing home the puppy when 8 weeks of age. You can choose to wait for the next litter if the timing does not work for you, and you will retain your spot at the top of the waiting list.
6. When you join a current litter, I will give you information for the date of picking up your puppy. We can recommend flight nanny services who fly in cabin with your puppy (the flight nanny generally charges $400-500 depending on location), or you can pick up your puppy in SLC. I am happy to meet you at the airport to make things more convenient for you.
7. Selecting your actual puppy happens when the puppy is 5-6 weeks of age. At this age, personalities have started to emerge, coat and color are more established, and you have had 5-6 weeks of observing the puppies on a daily basis through my Live Stories on Instagram. I make these stories a priority so you can see the puppies grow each day and see the unfiltered experiences they are having in our home. I will email you the specific selection date so you can be prepared. Puppies are picked in the order we established when you chose to be a part of the current litter. We can facetime and discuss traits about the puppy at this time if you need more clarification after watching the pup daily on Instagram. I am happy to give you my insights and opinion, but you don’t have to take my opinion, you can go with your gut. Once you have selected your specific puppy during selection week, the remaining balance of $3000 is due.
8. Puppies will have a thorough vet examination at 6 weeks of age. All findings will be disclosed to you with a signed report from the vet. The puppies will also be given their first set of 5-in-1 vaccinations, which includes Canine Distemper, Adenovirus Type 2 (CAV-2 cross protection CAV-1), Parainfluenza and Parvovirus Vaccine (MLV). They will need another 2 sets of these vaccinations once they are in their new homes, at 9 weeks and at 12 weeks. At 12 weeks they will also need their Rabies shot. I will send home a vaccination report so you can show your vet what they have had, and what they will need going forward. I will also send home a report of their regular de-wormings, and a clear fecal report from the vet at 6 weeks of age. Puppies will be microchipped with prepaid lifetime registration via AKC Re-unite before being sent to their new homes.
9. At 8 weeks of age, the puppy is ready to go home! They will be sent home with their vaccination report, vet health report, microchip registration paperwork, their blankie, a toy, some food, and treats.
10. Please make a Vet appointment for your puppy to be seen soon after they are brought home. They need to receive their second set up puppy shots at 9 weeks of age, and continue de-worming on the schedule I provide.
11. Remember to register your puppy's microchip! The information will be in the take home packet.
12. Please keep in touch with me and send me pics of your puppy as they adjust and grow. This is such a joy to me and my kids! I love when new puppies have Instagram accounts I can stalk on a regular basis.